Photobucket

12 July 2011

Life After Dropshipping

I only sell items (anything) I can make at least 30% profit on after fees etc. I know people sell earphones, mobile cases/covers, screen protectors etc as it is a way of building your feedback up quickly. This is the reason why I don't sell them because its to much time consuming with packaging, and fuel to post office etc.

At present my wife is doing hand knitted items, baby things, shrowls etc. This is her hobby and (touch wood) she is selling them. I know some in some cases when a particle item is selling well it seems to get saturated and then you seem to have a price war where another seller decides to sell it alot cheaper. Good for the buyer but for other sellers they will stop and wait until that seller has sold out.

For me I like to have overall control on the items I sell. From listing on ebay or my website to packaging & posting. I know if it goes wrong somewhere I can hopefully sort it out rather then chasing the drop ship.

When your selling on ebay, or your own website presentation & how you word it is critical. First impressions are very important as you want your potential buyer to stay on your page and not go elsewhere. Also how quick will you post? I post 1st class recorded up to £41.00 as that is all recordeds cover you for. Anything after that, next day delivery. Its your business you run it how you feel fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment